Due to popular demand, our focus has become 'one on one' Bowen Therapy training to our students since 2012. From the time we started in 2010, most of our students are choosing to enrol in "One on One" training as a preference over group courses. Mentor style training is hard to get these days and we find it to be a very successful way to teach Integrated Bowen Therapy.
We have found over our history of doing both group and individual courses that the most effective way to learn is in an individual situation. Everyone’s learning abilities are different and this way we are able to cater to your needs and speed specifically.
Additionally, we know from experience that everyone’s interests differ greatly. Some people will want to focus on Bowen Therapy alone, while others may want to incorporate it into other healing modalities that they already practice. Some people will be interested more in the energetic aspect of Bowen Therapy whereas others may take a keen interest in the benefits of Bowen Therapy on Trigger Points or Marma Points. One on One courses enable us to focus on what interests YOU at your own pace. It also means that everyday consists of you actually practicing rather than waiting in turn as a group, as well as receiving treatments everyday yourself to be able to experience what it is that we are teaching you – which we think is a bit of a bonus!
New easy to follow course format
All our courses are now comprised of correspondance material. This means that 90% of class time is based around hands on practical training to enhance your learning experience and make the most of your in-person training time.
Once you have enrolled and paid your course fees you will be provided with login details to access your own student hub within the training portal. Here you will find access to all the information, tutorials, videos, and case studies required to complete either the certificate or diploma course, depending on which course you have enrolled in.
Once you have gained access to your own online learning portal, you must contact us through the website to arrange your in-person time. Please be aware that we often book out our days weeks, or sometimes months, in advance so the sooner you arrange this time with us the better, and less wait time for you.
Prior to coming to class all course information must be read in full and all video demonstrations must be viewed at least twice. You are most welcome to discuss the theory in class or to ask as many questions as you want; we just find that by students doing the theory material in their own time before class there is more opportunity to both learn at the pace they feel best for them as well as getting the absolute most out of the in-person time they are paying for.
Advantages of private training courses
- No pressure to keep up with the rest of the class or the other way round
- Training schedule is very flexible to fit in with busy life styles. Training can be done on weekends or evenings
- Courses can be completed even faster
- Teaching with 1 person is much more efficient than trying to make sure 10 people are happy and doing things correctly
- All training is filmed for you to watch as often as you like
- The course includes demonstration DVDs with hours of massage techniques that you can watch in your own time and continue to refer to long after you have completed your course
- The training is more personalised. What is taught can really be tapered to the capacity or interest of the student. There are many different situations and circumstances in which Bowen Therapy can be extremely beneficial. For example; some people like to practice in a massage-style way, whereas other will want to focus on noticing the smallest changes as a result of minimal Bowen Therapy manipulation. In a one on one course this can be catered for whereas in a group course things are a lot more structured to cater for everyone
- You have 100% of the teacher’s attention at all times so in this situation students are much more comfortable and encouraged to ask questions. In group courses we find people are not as comfortable asking questions or asking a teacher to go over something again when they didn't fully understand a technique or concept