Due to popular demand we started offering one on one Bowen Therapy training to our students in 2010. Since then, more than half of our students are choosing to enrol in "One on One" training as a preference over group courses. Mentor style training is hard to get these days and we find it to be a very successful way to teach Integrated Bowen Therapy.
We have found over our history of doing both group and individual courses that the most effective way to learn is in an individual situation. Everyone’s learning abilities are different and this way we are able to cater to your needs and speed specifically.
Additionally we know from experience that everyone’s interests differ greatly. Some people will want to focus on Bowen Therapy alone, while others may want to incorporate it into other healing modalities that they already practice. Some people will be interested more in the energetic aspect of Bowen Therapy whereas others may take a keen interest in the benefits of Bowen Therapy on Trigger Points or Marma Points. One on One courses enable us to focus on what interests YOU at your own pace. It also means that everyday consists of you actually practicing rather than waiting in turn as a group, as well as receiving treatments everyday yourself to be able to experience what it is that we are teaching you – which we think is a bit of a bonus!
New course format designed to enhance YOUR time and learning!
All our courses are now comprised of correspondance material. This means that 90% of class time is based around hands on practical training to enhance your learning experience and make the most of your in-person training time.
Once you have enrolled and paid your course fees you will be provided with login details to access your own student hub within the training portal. Here you will find access to all the information, tutorials, videos, and case studies required to complete either the certificate or diploma course, depending on which course you have enrolled in.
Once you have gained access to your own online learning portal, you must contact us through the website to arrange your in-person time. Please be aware that we often book out our days weeks, or sometimes months, in advance so the sooner you arrange this time with us the better, and less wait time for you.
Prior to coming to class all course information must be read in full and all video demonstrations must be viewed at least twice. You are most welcome to discuss the theory in class or to ask as many questions as you want; we just find that by students doing the theory material in their own time before class there is more opportunity to both learn at the pace they feel best for them as well as getting the absolute most out of the in-person time they are paying for.
Advantages of private training courses
- No pressure to keep up with the rest of the class or the other way round
- Training schedule is very flexible to fit in with busy life styles. Training can be done on weekends or evenings
- Courses can be completed even faster
- Teaching with 1 person is much more efficient than trying to make sure 10 people are happy and doing things correctly
- All training is filmed for you to watch as often as you like
- The course includes demonstration DVDs with hours of massage techniques that you can watch in your own time and continue to refer to long after you have completed your course
- The training is more personalised. What is taught can really be tapered to the capacity or interest of the student. There are many different situations and circumstances in which Bowen Therapy can be extremely beneficial. For example; some people like to practice in a massage-style way, whereas other will want to focus on noticing the smallest changes as a result of minimal Bowen Therapy manipulation. In a one on one course this can be catered for whereas in a group course things are a lot more structured to cater for everyone
- You have 100% of the teacher’s attention at all times so in this situation students are much more comfortable and encouraged to ask questions. In group courses we find people are not as comfortable asking questions or asking a teacher to go over something again when they didn't fully understand a technique or concept
With either the certificate or diploma course, once you have completed your own study of the material provided via your learning hub and then had your in-person days with us you will be required to complete a written assessment workbook that will be provided to you. Additionally you will need to record yourself performing a Bowen Therapy treatment on any person of your choice, and then send the video to us for assessment of your technique and award of your qualification. At the beginning of this video you are required to question your ‘client’ as to what is going on within their body, what issues they may be facing, etc… Following the treatment you will be required to again question your ‘client’ to see what may have changed, how they feel, if they feel that any issues may have been alleviated, etc… Adding in range of movements tests in the beginning and then again post treatment is also a good way to demonstrate your success.
In some cases we will provide feedback to your video and request that another be done and sent to us if we feel that your skills could be better improved before you receive your qualification, however we have found from experience that students that are serious about their learning and make the most of their home study, practice often on various people prior to coming to class, and then make the most of their in-person time are more than adequately skilled to receive their qualification after their first assessment.
One on one Bowen Therapy training fees
The fees for the One-on-One Bowen Therapy certificate course and Bowen Therapy diploma course are the same as the group courses. The difference is that these private courses are shorter than the group courses and much of the course is backed up by distant training facilities. The certificate One-on-One training is completed partially via correspondence with 1 full in-person day and the diploma one-on-one training is completed partially via correspondence with 2 full in-person days.
These fees include online access to all course notes and information, videos, demonstrations, case studies, one-on-one time, and the time taken to watch and assess your final questionnaire and treatment video once you feel you have an adequate understanding of the course material and hands-on Bowen Therapy techniques after you have attended your in-person days. Full payment must be made before any access to the online training portal is provided. If you have booked your one-on-one time but are no longer able to attend the date, course fees can be transferred to another date if notified 14 days after enrolment.