The Integrated Bowen Therapy (IBT) Certificate section of the course gives students the basic skills, techniques, and knowledge to successfully treat 70-80% of the physical aches and pains that people generally suffer from. In line with Bowen Technique's simple application, we at IBT have designed a course that makes Bowen Therapy as fun and easy to master as we can. In addition, we have divided the IBT knowledge base into 4 learning options to cater to the needs of all seekers of Bowen Therapy and formulated these options to align within any ‘one-off’ or ongoing study budget.
Brief information points covered in the IBT Bowen Therapy Certificate Course
- The History of Tom Bowen and his unique Bowen Therapy
- The Basic Bowen Move
- Physical assessment
- Visual assessment
- Formulating your treatment plan
- Pre and Post Bowen Therapy treatment contraindications and advice
- Helping your patients to sit up, turn, and move during IBT treatments
- Draping your client and some tips on treatment tables
- IBT Bowen Body Balance sequence, consisting of 24 Bowen Therapy procedures
- Trigger Point therapy
- Anatomy Trains
The Bowen Body Balance Sequence
The IBT Bowen Therapy Certificate course is presented in a logical sequence known as the Bowen Body Balance. It is comprised of over 20 IBT Bowen Therapy Procedures, which are taught in 82 sequential IBT moves. Procedures learned can also be applied individually for many common ailments potential clients may present with, which means no matter what current modality you are qualified in, IBT Bowen Therapy will only compliment your work effectively and efficiently.
Conditions focused upon throughout the IBT Bowen Therapy Certificate Course
- Back and neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Stomach pains
- Respiratory issues
- Chest pain and tension
- Abdominal pains and digestive problems
- Leg tension and knee issues
- Help to boost the immune system
- Stress and Anxiety Relief
- However many more ailments have been relieved after applying the IBT Body Balance.
The benefits of the IBT Certificate course are outlined below
- Students will be able to use the skills and knowledge obtained to treat physical aches and pains of clients, loved ones or friends.
- All manuals and demonstration videos are instantly accessible through the online IBT student portal
- IBT Educational reading materials are all downloadable
- Reference artwork for the IBT Bowen Body Balance, Trigger Point Therapy, and Anatomy Trains are provided to assist students in having the most comprehensive learning experience possible.
- Group workshops and ‘one on one’ training sessions are Digitally recorded in high-quality formats for easy view and review options.
- Flexible payment plans are available to suit students’ financial requirements.
This is our most affordable way to learn IBT Bowen Therapy and is designed for students who want access to the educational materials and want to learn at their own pace and don’t immediately require a qualification. This will enable students to use their IBT education to treat family members, friends and has enabled existing remedial therapists to add Bowen Technique to their current treatments.
This is also a viable option for Australian Therapists who hold a qualification and are seeking Continued Points of Education (CPE). The number of points received varies depending on the qualification you are registered with. As an example, Therapists registered with the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) can achieve 20 CPE points on completion of the Certificate course alone. IBT’s Director, Bronson Bertschinger, has been a massage therapist and massage instructor for many years and he focuses on teaching students how IBT Bowen Therapy cannot only be effectively combined with massage therapy but also utilized with many other allied health modalities.
This is not only a great option for Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Doctors, Nurses, massage therapists and personal trainers but also for those who just wish to learn Bowen Therapy to do it on family and friends.
Not 100% sure if you Bowen Therapy is for you yet? Then this option is also good for you. This cheaper alternative to learning Bowen Therapy can help decide if you want to invest more time and money to get a qualification in Bowen Therapy.
Integrated Bowen Therapy’s courses has not only given me the skills to help people heal, but help people to realize just how healthy they can feel when adding Bowen Therapy treatments to their lives. To be able to be part of that transformation is truly joyous. A huge thanks Bronson.